Saturday, January 21, 2017

Time Strategies

~~
I read the article titled "Psychology of Checklists". I have always been a fan of checklists, especially since I came to college. Checklists give a sense of accomplishment every time a task is completed. This article explains that sense of accomplishment in great detail. Dopamine is the 'feel good' chemical in our brain that provides this feeling. The idea of creating a list with small, achievable, tasks to stay motivated is a great way to be productive. Rather than working for a large goal that requires a lot of patience and countless failed attempts, achieving smaller, possible, goals is a good way to prevent quitting the task at hand. I personally continue to use checklists to this day. I have found they prevent me from forgetting things I need to complete. Also, they provide me with a sense of accomplishment after the list is complete. Checklists are a very useful tool for anyone that hopes to stay organized and productive. 

1 comment:

  1. I often find my self getting off task and procrastinating. I think that a checklist would really help me! I like that what you say about rather than working for a large goal, have a variety of small goals that are more achievable. It always feels good when you achieve multiple tasks, so a check list would definitely help with this! Hopefully having a checklist will help me with my procrastination. Thanks for sharing Tyler!

    ReplyDelete