Saturday, January 21, 2017

Growth Mindset



This topic is very interesting. I am sure everyone can relate to her points in some way or another. There have been multiple times where I have felt challenged by something. However, I believe I am more of the growth mindset. Rather than viewing a challenge as a problem, I view it as an opportunity. In terms of being a musician, this relates in many aspects. If there is a difficult passage to play, most musicians will practice until they achieve the goal. It is a certain characteristic one must have in order to be a successful player. Giving up is not an option unless they want to be cast with the rest of  the musicians who do not play for a living. I am certainly interested in learning more about this topic. I believe it could assist in daily activities other than music. Improving oneself should be a desired opportunity rather than a feared challenge.  

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about having the growth mindset as a musician! I used to want to play the piano as a living as well and I remember those times during piano lesson that I have to practice one passage over and over again and if I make a mistake in the middle of it, I have to start all over! It is tough, but in the end, it is really satisfying if you finally be able to play it perfectly right? You are an amazing person as you are so passionate about music! Good luck and keep going strong!

    ReplyDelete