Sunday, January 29, 2017

Feedback Thoughts


I think feedback is a vital aspect to the growth of a person. Personally, I have had to give and receive feedback in many of my classes taken here. As a musician, you are constantly critiqued on how you play a specific passage. Of course, I have been discouraged by some negative feedback in the past. It is something musicians deal with throughout their lifetime. Despite dealing with large amounts of negative feedback, I have still improved in my playing. I believe if someone does not receive any type of feedback they will live their life not truly knowing what they are capable of. There needs to be a moment in time where they realize they can do more. There needs to be a balance of positive and negative feedback to mold the mind of someone into a growth mindset. With the proper use of feedback, people can achieve this goal and push themselves to new and greater heights. 

Articles
Presence, Not Praise: How To Cultivate a Healthy Relationship with Achievement
Be a Mirror: Give Readers Feedback That Fosters a Growth Mindset
Using Harsh Feedback to Fuel Your Career
Silence the Critical Voices in Your Head


No comments:

Post a Comment