Thursday, January 19, 2017

Storybook Favorites


 In the story, Indra is an underappreciated god that has worked tirelessly for his people. In terms of personal experience, I can relate to Indra in a way. Of course, I do not believe of myself to be a God, however, I have felt underappreciated at some point in my life. I believe that is a feeling many people have faced at some point in their lifetime. The introduction definitely gives multiple examples of Indra's feelings. The writer keeps listing specific situations of times Indra has saved the world. Also, mentions how his subjects had no clue of his heroic actions, they simply reaped the benefits. Overall, the design of the page is very clean. It is very simple to navigate and the theme of the page fits the pictures in the story. I would consider replicating the theme choice in my own story. 
 ~~


The introduction does a wonderful job describing the plot of the story. A man finds himself in hell meeting with the god of death himself. His mission ironically is to perform good deeds to purify his soul. The title and introduction go hand and hand with the story. This story also has a nice theme. The page is well organized. The look of the page portrays the dark and gloomy setting of the story. The pictures go along perfectly as well. The dark, hell-like monsters on each image helps set the mood. I am mostly impressed with the descriptiveness of the writer. I personally would try to imitate their use of creative description. 
 ~~

The introduction clearly represents the topic of the story. The Hanuman is worried about the current state of humans. All he wants to do is help, however, he feels helpless. I am sure everyone can relate to this in some way. The feeling of wanting to assist in something they cannot is a situation many people face. The design of the story is also relatively organized. Out of the three stories I chose, I enjoy the dialogue the most out of this one. It felt as if I was reading an actual conversation between two gods. The verbiage of the story helped immensely with this feeling. I would definitely consider writing dialogue with the character in mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment