Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Week 8 Reflections

I am definitely happy with stories I have written over the semester. I have never had to do this much creative writing in a class and I am really enjoying it. I have learned that I am capable of writing much more creatively than I imagined. At first, I thought this class would be very difficult because I never thought I could be creative enough. However, I have found that writing stories has become easier and easier as the class progresses. I believe in order to further the creativity in my writing I need to keep thinking of new ways to change up the original stories. A tool that could help me with this are childhood stories. Childhood stories can be molded to fit a lot of different story types. I have found them to be very useful with my storytelling. They help make difficult plots seem simple. 

2 comments:

  1. Tyler, I haven't had to do this much writing since my AP Composition course in high school as we were preparing for the AP exam. I do have to write papers for courses that I need for minor; however, those compositions have prompts. I find it to be more difficult to produce a creative piece opposed to a "scripted" composition. However, as the class progresses, I agree that the writing has become a little bit easier. I'm also having a hiccup in changing the content of the original story. I like the childhood story idea. You could also implement the story line to some of your favorite songs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tyler, I have also really branched out in my creative writing this semester. I am a public relations major so our writing style is much more strict and to the point, we never really write creative pieces. I have enjoyed getting to write more whimsical and overly creative pieces that I would never ever have the opportunity to write in my major.

    ReplyDelete