Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Week 8 Growth Mindset

~~
After reading the list of strengths and weaknesses I could definitely say that my weaknesses would include, focusing on grades, being a perfectionist, and comparing myself to others. My strengths would lie in pushing myself to go further, being ready to spend time practicing and asking lots of questions. I feel like this class has helped me stop focusing on grades. That is not bad thing by the way! I feel as if I focus primarily on learning new material. This class is very creative and the stress of it is just that, the creativity. The grades are not the primary focus, that is why if you complete an assignment you make a 100, regardless of the quality of your creativity. I like that aspect because it helps me focus primarily on the interesting material related to the topics we are reading about that specific week. I also feel like this class has increased my ability to spend time practicing. I have never been a strong writer. However, by writing a story every week and being forced to write creatively I believe this class has helped me immensely with my writing. It used to be so difficult to write long papers, but now I can write non-stop without having to think about what to write about for hours. It has been a great learning experience thus far and I am excited to see the final result. 

1 comment:

  1. Tyler, I liked reading your growth mindset post for week 8. I also struggle with being a perfectionist. I am such an A type personality and perfection is something that I have always strived for. I liked that you noted this class has helped you with your writing because for me it has helped me with taking criticism. I have never really enjoyed being criticized but this class has helped me to accept it.

    ReplyDelete