Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Reading Notes: Kumbhakarna Awakens

~~
I found inspiration from another story in the same source I used previously in the week. The story of Kumbhakarna was very interesting and many things came to mind when I read of his upbringing. Kumbhakarma is an ugly giant that cannot stop eating food. He has the appetite of well... a giant. I thought I can turn this story from a folk tale to a struggle story about addiction. 

Instead of a giant my main character will be addicted to some type of drug. I would name him Kumba. Kumba would not be able to get enough of the specific drug he is addicted to. He would be raised in a dark part of town and pick up the habit at an early age. However, he would be able to start a family and live a normal life, but his family will be in the shadows not knowing about his addiction. In the original story the giant is eventually put to sleep (literal sleep, not killed) and he is given one day every month to go eat what he likes. 

In my possible story, I can make it to where the drug addict is caught and sent to a rehab clinic. They would be able to visit their family once a month. I would rather make his 'food' equivalent seeing his family instead of getting more drugs. I like happy stories. Eventually the addict would make a full recovery, however, I can make up some hardships along the way. 

For example, meeting some inmates that taunt him with the very drug that he adores. However, his love for his family will help overcome the addiction. This is a very different topic from the original, but just hearing that story made me think of how drugs are addicting and some people cannot help themselves. 

BIBLIOGRAPHY

1 comment:

  1. I think that you will have a creative story and I can't wait to read it. I would suggest that you provide the reader with a good, strong introduction. I also like the fact that your story will be a happy one and how emphasis will be placed on Kumba's family.

    ReplyDelete