Sunday, February 12, 2017

Feedback Focus


~~
Out of the three strategies I would rank them by usefulness in this order: Copy and Delete, Reading Out Loud, Using a Timer. I was definitely surprised by the copy and delete method. The other two not so much. The copy and delete method felt the most beneficial because my mind stayed on topic the whole time I was reading. I would write down what I thought to be beneficial information and then moved on. The timing method made me feel rushed. Rather than putting all of my focus into reading I was worried more about how much time remained. The reading out loud method was beneficial and counterproductive in a way. I found that sometimes it would really engage me in the story and I would read it as if I was a character. However, sometimes I found myself simply reading the words without truly thinking about the content. It was like reading a teleprompter and not truly knowing what I was talking about. I would definitely try using the Copy and Delete method again. I believe it is a very useful tool to remember information and not lose focus. I have used the reading out loud method before. Almost every time I read I go back to that method some time or another. It was a pleasant surprise to find another tool I can use to help me focus when reading new content. 

No comments:

Post a Comment